Funny thing…I make the Mr. meat dishes because he complains he doesn’t have enough meat in the house, then he eats up all my vegetarian dishes. Ok, plan B for lunch today. Use up everything else in the fridge. Result: a great big salad.
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow and red cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup frozen corn and peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsps pine nuts
- Few tbsp of balsamic vinaigrette, recipe below:
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp grainy mustard
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Blend the vinaigrette ingredients together until well mixed. For the salad, combine all ingredients in a bowl, and add a few tbsp of the vinaigrette. Mix and enjoy! The remaining vinaigrette can be stored in the fridge for a few days.