Today was grocery shopping day and so the choice of food in my fridge is low. Here’s a meal salad I put together with some items I had left. It’s yummy and filling!
- Kale, enough to fill a meal-sized bowl
- 1/4 cup corn niblets
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup cooked white beans
- few grape tomatoes, halved
- few lettuce leaves, torn in bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- dash of cayenne pepper
Remove the stems from the kale and tear up the leaves by hand (I swear it tastes different than if you use a knife!). Drizzle with olive oil and add salt. Massage leaves with your hands for a minute or so–this part is important, you want the leaves to soften a bit. Then add remaining ingredients, mix, and enjoy!