Time for another smoothie recipe! I really like this one, with a hint of orange flavour. I sweeten my smoothies with dried dates, but you really need a powerful blender (like the Vitamix) so that you get a smooth consistency–no lumps!
Berry Red Smoothie
- 1 cup water
- 1 ripe banana
- few leaves of red swiss chard, stem and all
- 1/2 cup mixed frozen berries
- 1/2 cup young coconut meat
- 3 small dried dates
- 1 tsp bee pollen granules
- 1/4 tsp grated organic orange peel
Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend well. Serve and mmmm…enjoy.