I’m loving the warm weather we’re getting here in Toronto. That means BBQ season!
This salad is a great addition to any BBQ. The smokiness you get from roasting all the vegetables is delicious! This recipe is super flexible–use any vegetables you want and your favourite vinaigrette. It can also be made in advance, as you want to eat this salad at room temperature.
BBQ-Roasted Vegetable Salad
- 2 tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 1 eggplant, thickly sliced lengthwise
- 1 red pepper, cut into quarters
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into quarters
- 1 zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 red onion, thickly sliced
- olive oil
- your favourite vinaigrette (lemon, olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, herbs)
Brush all the vegetables with olive oil and place on your preheated BBQ.
Grill both sides until lightly charred. Remove from BBQ and coarsely chop all your vegetables. Place in a bowl and gently combine with your vinaigrette. Serve at room temperature. This salad will also keep well in the fridge as leftovers for the next day.