I try to resist buying food favourites that are easy to make at home. Not only am I able to control what goes in it, but it tastes better and is always cheaper! Here’s a great and easy recipe to create your own muesli. You can customize it with your favourite nuts, seeds, and dried fruits to create your own blend.
Whole Wheat and Raisins Muesli (Adapted from Vegetarian–Nicola Graimes)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups whole rolled oats
- 2 1/2 cups crumbled organic Weetabix
- 1/3 cup dried goji berries
- 1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
- Almond or soy milk
- Fresh fruit (sliced banana, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, etc.)
Combine all ingredients, except for milk and fresh fruit, in an air tight container. You can store this for several weeks. When ready to use, serve with milk of choice and top with fresh fruit.