There’s nothing better than walking around a farmer’s market in your hood, on a warm sunny day. That’s just what the hubby, baby, and I did. I get so inspired by all the fresh produce!
This week I adapted a Kimberly Snyder recipe using some market produce.
Spicy Roasted Vegetables
- 2 small onions, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 3 small sunchokes, scraped and cut into small chunks
- 2 small purple potatoes, cut into small chunks
- 2 beets, peeled and cut into small chunks (I used rainbow beets!)
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp Jaffna hot curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 3 tbsp basil, sliced
Preheat the oven to 350F. Place all the ingredients in a roasting pan, except the last 3 ingredients.
Roast in the oven for 2hrs, or until desired doneness. Take the vegetables out of the oven and sprinkle to the last 3 ingredients; mix well.
You can play around with the vegetables–use what you have. You can also decrease the amount of curry powder, as it is SPICY!