Here’s another week of quick meals, which in this household, we really need! Who knew a 10 month old could take over all of your time???
Meal #1: Hot and sour mushroom soup/your go-to light vegetarian soup, garlic kale (Heat coconut oil in pan, add minced garlic and stir fry chopped kale until tender and bright green. Add salt and pepper).
Meal #2: Mango chutney salmon, butter cabbage (melt butter in pan, add shredded green cabbage and cook until tender. Add salt and pepper. Surprisingly delicious!)
Meal #3: Hoisin chicken in lettuce wraps
Meal #4: Feta plate, green salad
Meal #5: Pork tenderloin salad (Rub pork tenderloin with cumin and chill powder and bake in oven until cooked. Slice up and throw on top of your favourite green salad with corn and sliced red pepper.)
- Chocolate protein pancakes (I made these with chocolate protein powder, without the bananas. Serve with a bit of peanut or almond butter spread on top)
- Hard-boiled eggs (quick on-the-go snack as is, or can slice an egg on toast with some mashed avocado)
- Peanut butter balls (roll a bit of peanut butter and a drop of honey in a ball, and roll around in dried shredded coconut. Place in freezer. I got this idea from Oxygen magazine. It’s a bit messy before it hits the freezer, but so good for a quick protein snack)
- Smoothies (some recipes here, here, and here)
- Chop up kale, cabbage
- Cook hoisin chicken
- Cook and slice pork tenderloin
- Make pancakes
- Boil eggs
- Make PB balls
Let me know if you try any of these meals–have a great week!